* 1 fish (any meaty white fish or fish fillet) weight 400 grams
* 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
* 50 grams shitake mushroom, cut into well pieces
* 2 tablespoons ginger, finely sliced
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1/2 cup chopped scallion
* 3 chili peppers, sliced diagnally
* cooking oil
Thai Food Preparations
1. Wash the fish in clean water. Remove the inside organ (if necessary) and score the fish at an angle all the way to the bones on both sides to help it cook faster. Set fish on a heat-proof plate which is able to put in a steamer.
2. Then put the prepared fish in the steamer and leave it for 10-15 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
3. Prepare the topping sauce : Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Add garlic and black bean sauce. Stir until fragrant, then add sugar, soy sauce, scallion, chili pepper and water. Turn up to high heat. Stir quickly until all ingredients mixed well. Remove from heat.
4. Pour the black bean sauce over steamed fish. Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.