Thai Recipes : Thai Chili Dipping Sauce with Sweet Pork
* Thai Recipe Ingredients *
* 2 tablespoons shrim paste
* 3 tablespoons dried shrimp
* 6 solanums
* 10 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
* 2 yellow chilli peppers, coarsely chopped
* 12-15 chilies
* 3 tablespoons fish sauce
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup lime juice
* 2 tablespoons oil
* egg yolks of salted egg, sweet pork condiment,
fried dried shripms, etc.
* fresh vegetables (cucumbers, long beans,
Thai Food Preparations
1. Wrap the shrimp paste with banana leave. Grill over low heat until fragrant.
2. Remove outside hairs of solanum, wash and clean. Then slice 3 solanums into thin pieces. Keep the rest of solanums for garnishing.
3. Grind garlics, shrimp paste, yellow chili peppers, dried shrimps, sliced solanums and chilies in a mortar and pound until mixed thoroughly (or using food processor).
4. Season with sugar, fish sauce and lime juice. Stir until mixed well. Then bring the mixture to fry with oil over low heat until fragrant (about 1 minute). Remove from heat. You can add sweet pork condiment and stir fry with the chili dipping mixture or serve separately later.
5. Transfer to a serving dipping sauce bowl. Garnish on top with solanums egg yolks of salted egg. Serve immediately with prepared fresh vegetables, egg yolks of salted egg, sweet pork condiment, crispy fried fish and hot steamed rice.