* 1 fish (any meaty white fish) weight 600-800 grams
* 100 grams stink bean
* 5 red shallots, sliced
* 8-10 red/green chilies
* 1 1/2 teaspoon shrimp paste
* 1 tablespoon fish sauce
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
* 2 tablespoons water
* cooking oil (for deep fry and stir fry)
Thai Food Preparations
1. Clean the fish and slice into well pieces.
2. Grind chilies, red shallots and shrimp paste in a mortar and pound until mixed thoroughly (or using food processor).
3. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. When oil is hot, add sliced fish and deep-fry until cooked. Remove, drain and set aside.
4. Remove oil from the wok, leave only 2 tablespoons for stir fry process. Over medium heat, add shirmp paste mixture (prepared in step 2) and stir until aromatic. Then add water, stink beans and stir until nearly done.
5. Turn up to high heat, add fried fish and season with fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Stir quickly until all ingredients mixed well. Remove from heat.
6. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.