* 6 medium-sized shrimps, cleaned, shelled and deviened
* 8-12 chilies
* 1 tablespoon sliced red shallot
* 1 tablespoon sliced lemongrass
* 2 teaspoons dried peppercorn
* 1 teaspoon finely sliced coriander root
* 1/4 cup sliced fingerroot
* 3-5 chili peppers, sliced diagnally
* 1/2 cup sweet basil leaves
* 3 kaffir lime leaves, sliced
* 50 grams green peppercorns
* 1/2 cup chicken stock (or water)
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 2 tablespoons fish sauce
* 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
* cooking oil
Thai Food Preparations
1. Grind chilies, lemongrass, dried peppercorn, coriander root, fingerroot in a mortar and pound until mixed thoroughly (or using food processor).
2. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Add spice mixture (prepared in 1st step) and stir fry until fragrant. Then add shrimps and fry until nearly cooked.
3. Season with fish sauce, sugar and oyster sauce. Turn up to high heat, then add fingerroot, sliced chili peppers, sweet basil leaves, kaffir lime leaves, green peppercorns and chicken stock (or water). Stir quickly until all ingredients mixed well. Remove from heat.
4. Transfer to a plate. Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.