* 1 fish (any meaty white fish) weight 400-500 grams
* 2 teaspoons corn starch
* 2 tomatoes, cut into well pieces
* 1/4 cup chili pepper, cut into well pieces
* 1/4 cup onion, cut into well pieces
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 2 scallions, cut into 1" long
* 1/4 cup cucumber + carrot, cut into well pieces
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
* 2 tablespoons chili sauce
* 1 tablespoon fish sauce
* 2 tablespoons water
* cooking oil
Thai Food Preparations
1. Wash the fish in clean water. Remove the inside organ (if necessary). Score the fish at an angle all the way to the bones on both sides to help it cook faster. Leave it dry and coat the fish skin with corn starh
2. Heat oil in a wok, about half a cup or at least to the side of the fish. Fry the fish on low heat, about 10 minutes on the first side. Don't try to loosen the fish from the pan until it is done, otherwise, the fish breaks up. When the first side is cooked, flip and fry the other side, for 5 minutes. When the fish is cooked thoroughly, remove and set it on a plate.
3. Prepare the topping sauce : Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant and golden. Add cucumber+carrot, tomato, scallion, onion and chili pepper. Season with chili sauce, tomato sauce, fish sauce and sugar. Turn up to high heat. Add water and stir quickly until all ingredients mixed well. Remove from heat.
4. Pour the topping sauce on fried fish. Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.