* 5 medium-sized prawns, cleaned, peeled and deviened
* 2 tablespoons coconut milk
* 1 tablespoon chopped chili
* 2 shallots, sliced
* 2 tablespoons fish sauce
* 3 tablespoons lime juice
* 2 tablespoons roasted peanut, coarsely ground
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 2 tablespoons fried shallot
* 50 grams dry shreded coconut
* 1 boiled egg, cut in half lengthwise
* fried chilies (for garnishing)
* 1 tablespoon roasted chili paste (or use 1 roasted dried chili, 2 roasted shallots and 1 roasted garlic to make fresh roasted chili paste)
Thai Food Preparations
1. Heat water in a pot until boiling. Then scald the minced pork in boiled water until cooked. Remove and drain. Then do the same for the prawns.
2. Heat water in a pot until boiling. Then scald the sliced wing beans for 1 minute. Remove and drain.
3. To make fresh roasted chili paste : grind dried chili (remove seeds), shallots, garlic in a mortar until mixed thoroughly (or using food processor). Transfer it into a medium-size bowl.
4. Add coconut milk (1 tablespoon), chopped chili, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and roasted chili paste. Stir until mixed well.
5. Add the cooked pork and prawns, then stir until all ingredients mixed together.
6. Add roasted shreded coconut, peanut and sliced wing bean. Stir again until mixed well. Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish on top with coconut milk (1 tablespoon), fried shallots, fried chili and sliced boiled egg. Serve immediately.