* 200 grams pig chitterling (small intestines of a pig)
* 5 - 8 medium-sized shrimps, cleaned, shelled and deviened
* 250 grams minced pork
* 5 - 7 eggs
* 5 cups soup (or water)
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander root
* 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
* 2 tablespoons fish sauce
* 1 teaspoon fried garlic
* chopped scallions, coriander leaves, chopped chinese celery (for garnishing)
Thai Food Preparations
1. Prepare Look-Rok by cleaning pig chitterling both inside and outside. Then soak with vinegar for 5 minutes in order to remove unwanted smell. Then pour in the water in order to check whether there is any crack. If there is any crack (water leaks out), then cut it out. Finally bind chitterling tightly one side.
2. Pour beaten egg in the prepared chitterling then bind it. Check again whether there is any leak or not.
3. Heat water in a pot over low heat. Add the prepared chitterling. Boil until the beaten egg is done. Remove and wait until cool down. Cut into 1.5 cm thick, and cross cut the upper and bottm side.
4. In a big bowl, mix together minced garlic, chopped coriander root, ground pepper and minced pork. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes. Then knead into small pieces of round shape (pork balls).
5. Heat soup (or water) in a pot over medium heat. Add pork balls, and shrimps then season with fish sauce.
6. Add prepared Look-Rok. Stir until all ingredients mixed well. Remove from heat.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with chopped scallion, coriander leaves, chopped chinese celery and fried garlic. Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.