Thai Recipes : Thai Stewed Chicken with Bitter Gourd
* Thai Recipe Ingredients *
* 2-4 chicken drumsticks
* 1 chinese bitter gourd
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon black soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 3 coriander roots, smashed
* 4 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon pepper
Thai Food Preparations
1. Wash and clean checken drumsticks. In a big bowl, mix chicken drumsticks with soy sauce (4 tbsps) and pepper. Stir until all ingredients mixed well and let marinated for at least 30 minutes .
2. Clean the bitter gourds and cut into well pices. Scoop out the seed and the inside part. Sprinkle the salt inside and outside part of the sliced bitter gourds. Leave it for 10-15 minutes, then wash with clean water. Then blanch until soft. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat 4 cups of water in a pot over medium heat. Add marinated drumsticks and Wait until cooked, skimming the top for scum and excess fat.
4. Add smashed coriander roots and sliced bitter gourds. Season with soy sauce, sugar and black soy sauce. Simmer with low heat for at least 60 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.