1. Wash and clean the pork. Drain and cut into well pieces.
2. Heat oil (for deep frying) in a wok. Add the streaky pork and fry until the skin is cooked thoroughly. Drain and set aside.
3. Grind garlics, coriander roots, peppercorns, and sugar in a mortar until mixed thoroughly (or using food processor). Then bring this paste to fry with oil (2 tablespoons) and the deep fried porks (prepared in step 2). Stir fry until all mixed thoroughly, then add water just to cover the pork.
4. Season with soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and sweet black soy sauce. Add chinese star aniseeds and turn down the heat. Let simmer for at least 1 hour. Occasionally stir, and add some water (if needed).
5. Transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle on top with coriander leaves. Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.