Thai Recipes : Steamed Minced Pork with Salted Egg Yolk
* Thai Recipe Ingredients *
* 450 grams minced pork
* 100 grams minced shrimp
* 5 salted Egg Yolks
* 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
* 1 tablespoon chopped coriander root
* 1 teaspoon ground pepper
* 1 tablespoon seasoning sauce
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
* Worcester sauce (Served as dipping sauce)
Thai Food Preparations
1. Grind coriander root, garlic and pepper in a mortar and pound until mixed thoroughly (or using food processor). In a big bowl, mix together the coriander root + garlic + pepper mixture with minced pork, minced shrimp, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Let marinate for 30 minutes
2. Spoon the mixture 2 tbsp; shape into small patties about 3" in diameter. Then put the salted egg yolk on top of the patties.
3. Heat water in a steamer. Wait until boiling, then place the prepared pork and turn down to medium heat. Steam for 15 minutes or until cooked.
4. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with coriander leaves. Serve immediately with worcester sauce and hot steamed rice.