* coriander leaves / sliced red chilli peppers (for garnishing)
Thai Food Preparations
1. Heat water in a pot over medium heat. Add cabbage leaves and scald until soft and cooked. Remove and drain. Then chinese chive leaves and scald until cooked. Remove and drain. Set aside.
2. Prepare the fillings : In a big bowl, mix together minced pork, shrimp, garlic, coriander roots, sugar (1 tbsp) and soy sauce. Let marinate for 30 minutes. Then heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the marinated mixture in and keep stir fry until almost cooked. Add shitake mushrooms and chopped spring onion. Stir fry untill all ingredients cooked and mixed well. Remove from heat.
3. Place a cabbage leave on the table, and put a tablespoon of prepared fillings (step 2) in the center. Roll up the leave to enclose filling, folding insides as you go. Bind it with the scald spring onion. Do the rest until finish all. (Watch this process in the video clip)
4. Heat chicken soup (or water) in a pot over medium heat. Wait until boiling, add sugar (1 tbsp), soy sauce (1 tbsp) and chinese cooking wine. Then add corn starch (dissolved in water). Stir until the sauce is mixed well and thicken. Remove from heat.
5. Arragne the stuffed cabbages in the serving plate. Pour the sacue and garnish on top with coriander leaves and sliced red chilli peppers. Serve immdeiately with hot steamed rice.