Thai Recipes : Stir Fried Rice Noodle with Coconut Milk
* Thai Recipe Ingredients *
* 500 grams rice noodle
* 4 cups coconut milk
* 1 cup medium-sized prawns, cleaned, shelled and deviened
* 150 grams yellow tofu, cubed
* 1/4 cup soya bean sauce, coarsely chopped
* 1 tablespoon ground chili
* 2 cups red shallot, sliced
* 2 tablespoons minced garlic
* 2 tablespoons tamarind concentrate
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup fish sauce
* 300 grams bean sprout
* 1/4 cup tomato sauce
* 100 grams chinese chives
* fresh vegetables
(bananablossom, chinese chives, lemon, etc.)
Thai Food Preparations
1. Soak rice noodle in warm water for 10 minutes. Remove and drain. Set aside.
2. Prepare the sauce by heating 2 cups of coconut milk over medium heat. Add red shallot and shrimps. Stir until nearly cooked, then add ground chili, soya bean sauce and yellow tofu. Season with sugar, fish sauce and tamarind concentrate. Stir until all ingredients mixed well and the mixture becomes dry and fragrant. Remove from heat.
3. Prepare the noodle by heating 2 cups of coconut milk over medium heat. Add tomato sauce and stir until mixed well. Then prepared noodled (1st step), bean sprout and chinese chives. Stir fry until all ingredients mixed well. Remove from heat.
4. Transfer the prepared noodle in a serving plate. Also transfer the sauce in a dipping sauce bowl. Sprinkle with fresh bean sprout and chinese chives over the stir fried noodle. Serve immediately both noodle and sauce with fresh vegetables.